Monday, August 13, 2012

Week Forty-Eight



Hola todos!!! Cómo andan?
 
Another week has just blown by I don't know where the time went. It might have something to do with this crazy wind going on. Anyways I'll try to give you some of the highlights.
 
 Carlos came to church this week!!!!!! He just melts my heart really. He's just like a little child in this grown up body. He came in his white shirt we gave him but with out the tie. We gotta teach him how to tie it. Ooopps!
 
We met this new lady named Graciela, and the second time we passed by she had told her friend Teresa about us. So we had a lesson with the two of them. We started by singing a hymn abide with me and they both ended in tears. I love the power of music. Then we explained the plan of salvation because Teresa´s husband died five years ago. She told us how for the first time since his death, she felt a peace. Wow right?! What a blessing to share the glorious plan that our Heavenly Father has for us. We testified that it was the spirit that they were feeling.
 
We almost crashed on the bikes into each other because of a lack of communication about where to turn, opps my bad. We're being more careful. 
 
This week, we also found a lot of  inactive members that I've been trying to find for months. It's truly sad to see how they totally forget how they felt when they started in the church. But I have a lot of love for them and try to help them understand that what they feel is missing in their lives is the gospel or that their lives are good but they can be so much better with the help of the Savior. In life, we're going to go through hard times but we can do it with the help of the Lord or we can try miserably on our own.
 
I think that's about it. We are working hard and I really feel like the more I try to just lose myself in the work the more I am on the track to becoming who my Heavenly Father knows I can be.
 
Lots of Love and prayers,
 
 Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment