Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week Fifty-Two!


Hola Familia! 


So the exciting transfer news, I'm in a new area in Cordoba Capiiiiiiiital (that's how they say capital in their crazy sing song accent). My area is called Ayacucho I have no idea where it is on a map really, but it's city! I'm with Hna Suárez she's from Chile and seems way awesome. We are also whitewashing, which means it used to be an Elders area but they took them out and we are both brand new in the area. Which is always fun and a lot of work. Our area looks huge on a map which means we'll be walking walking walking. 

Anyways to back track this week was good. We had an amazing intercambio I got to work with Hna Steward in Oncativo. It was so fun and we had a really amazing lesson with a less active. We also doubled on my bike because a memeber was going with a to a lesson on the other bike. Which was hilarious because Hna Steward and I aren't exactly small and I was on the back with my legs tucked up like I was riding a broom and we both just about died laughing. Por suerte we didn't have to go far. But sad news we were supposed to baptise José this week but on Sunday he didn't come to church so we went to look for him, and his sister answered the door and told us that he doesn't want to get baptised. But it was that she doesn't want him to get baptised. We spoke with her for a while and tried to explain everything but she needs time. So then finally Jose showed up to church for the end of sacrament meeting and we talked to him after and he told us that he still wants to be baptised but he just needs to wait a little to let his sister calm down. It was sad because I just know this baptism will continue to help him grow and change but I know that he will follow this path, just not while I'm there in Oncativo. 

It was hard to say good bye this week to the people that I have grown so much to love, but I'm also excited to go to a new area and meet more people. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all so much!!! 

Love Hna Potrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment