Monday, December 26, 2011

Week Sixteen!

Feliz Navidad!!!!!
Im so glad you guys could get together for Christmas. I'll admit I've been thinking about home a bit lately and I pray that you all feel of my love and that you all travel safely and have lots of fun together and eat lots of delicious food. I have no idea what will be on the menu here. We are eating with the Familia Cordoba and I imagine the house will be packed with people. And all of Hna Laura's food is delicious maybe it's a name thing all Laura's are good cooks. I'll be calling from 5-6pm Cordoba time which I think is 5 hours ahead so it'll be right around 12 so make sure to get home soon I guess.
We've been singing Christmas hymns like crazy with people in hopes of reminding them about the Savior. We're also singing in the plaza which is a park in the middle of town on the 24th which should be fun and singing at the hospital and for the kids who receive free food every day in the poor part of town. The lady who runs that place is such an amazing example of service and giving all that she has. The people here who sometimes have so little have the biggest hearts and give the most.
The mission is a constant roller coaster of emotions. It's humbling to struggle with the language and constantly need that help of my companion and the Savior. It's sad when we teach people and see them changing and growing and then they just change their minds. It's also the sweetest joy to see people follow the Savior and be baptized and see it change their lives. Or to help less active members remember why the gospel is important. We really have had miracles. Last week we made the goal to find one person to baptize before the new year. So we made a list of people who have come to church but won't commit. On Saturday we worked with one eternal investigator of 2 years Elena and the four of us the elders, Hna Tejada and me talked with her and bore testimony of how it could change her life. I didn't say much but at the end I was able to bear testimony and I felt the spirit so strongly I knew that God loves her and wants her to change and feel the peace of the atonement in her life. My Spanish was weak but the power of the Spirit was with me even when I felt so unworthy to have it that day. At the end of the lesson she offered the most humble sincere prayer I've ever heard her say. Then on Sunday I was really bummed when she didn't show up at church, but during lunch we got a phone call from Elena and she wanted us to come as soon as we could. We had no idea what was up but headed over with the Elders and even when we were in I couldn't understand everything she was saying but then I felt the spirit and I know she received a very sacred answer to her prayers. She's going to be baptized on the 24!!! And I'm so happy. This work is the Lords and I am so blessed to merely be His servant.
I am so excited to call home and hear everyone's voices. I love you all and pray for you always. And you should know as a missionary that's a lot 'cause we pray all day. I know it's hard during the holidays but I know His love and comfort are with you and there's nothing I could ask for more. I'll talk to you on Sunday!!!!!!!!
Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment