Monday, December 26, 2011

Week Seventeen

Feliz Navidad!!
It was so great to hear everyone's voices yesterday. It truly was the greatest Christmas gift I could have. It was even more than just being able to speak and be understood it was being able to feel your love and support. I hope that you know how much I love my Savior and this time of year to think of him. It's great to hear that everyone is doing well and I hope all those are recovering from sickness do so soon. I really wish I could have tasted that amazing turkey and stuffing but I know there will be plenty of time for that in this life.
So for those who might have dozed off during my phone call I'll recap quickly my Christmas in Bell Ville, Argentina.
Friday night we had a nativity at the ward activity that included new members and investigators which we do every Wednesday night. It went really well, and was a great spiritual reminder for everyone. We had a pot luck and I had the weirdest food yet of this super moist sweet cake roll filled with tuna, mayo and green olives. No bueno, I got it down and grabbed the next closest empanada to wash down the taste.
Saturday we went to the Plaza in the middle of town and sang Christmas hymns. It was me, Hna Tejada, Hna Barascotto, Hno Hugo and Hna Cordoba. We had Santa hats and Hna Karina was dressed in a santa suit with sunglasses handing out candy and Book of Mormons. We wanted to do the contacting but the others couldn't sing so mostly it was me and Hna Tejada singing a duet. Yikes!
Then we had a baptism of Elena and Enzo. Both of them were such amazing miracles and I feel so blessed to see the missionary work press forward in this city. It was special too because the less active sister of Elena bore her testimony and the parents of Enzo came and could feel the powerful spirit of the baptism. It was such a great Christmas gift to feel the joy of helping people come unto their Savior.
We then went to Hna Elenas and talked with her for a bit then off to the Cordobas to celebrate Christmas. Here they welcome the Christmas kind of like New years. We had a delicious meal and then at midnight everyone goes out and lights off fireworks. One of the Elders dressed up like Santa and climbed up on the roof to drop presents down. They gave me and Hna Tejada mate cups which is a special drink of Argentina that as missionaries we can't drink but the members can. Then out of no where we had this huge foam fight with these cans that Hna Cordoba bought. Super fun. Then it was off to bed. It seriously felt like the fourth of July/New Years Eve, not Christmas - but it was great none the less!
The phone call on Sunday was great and I'm super excited to hear that Mel and Kevin are engaged! So happy for them, it's been a long time waiting. I'll be sending my maid of honor speech in the mail. lol
I have to go buy groceries before the store closes. I'm still unable to upload photos but I'll keep trying. I hope everyone is well.
All my Love and Prayers,

Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment