Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Week Eighteen

Feliz Año Nuevo!
So I have this really weird spam like email from you guys but that's it so I'll just write about this week I guess. Ummm well happy new years! I hope you all had fun welcoming the new year. I know the people here sure had fun with all the music and fireworks. We were in our apartment like a normal day and I thought I might wake up to just watch the fireworks, but I was so tired I just fell back asleep. We did have an early toast at like 7AM with the Cordoba family. They have this delicious sparkling pineapple juice, it's the bomb really. It was super good and the Boggero family had an asado for lunch really which is good BBQ.
Lets see what else is new. Oh I had to give Hna Tejada a shot this week for the pain in her back. I've never been so nervous to give a shot in my life, I don't know why. And for anyone medical I realized I'm in a second world country because it was drawn up from an ampule which is a glass little bottle. Usually you have a filter needle for any glass shards and then you change the needle to smaller one for injection but nope all the same needle. I've also been to the hospital here to visit other people and let's just say I don't fancy going there for treatment. In other news, I got chased by a dog for the first time but it didn't get close enough to do anything. The number of dogs in the street is how you tell what kind of an area you're in. The more dogs, the lower the income area more or less. Oh and remember that nasty cake roll with tuna? Ya well it seems to be raining pan dulce con tun here! I had it twice more last week oh and this weird tomato stuffed with tuna, mayo, and canned peas. I don't know what it is about tuna that they love but they sure put it in a lot of strange things.
Missionary work has been a little bit slow with all of the holidays and trying to make appointments is almost impossible. But we got to take the Book of Mormon in braille to Gabby who is 13 and blind. It was so amazing to feel the spirit as she read for us. It's also been amazing to hear our investigators describe how the spirit feels to them as they recognize it for the first time. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father listens to, and answers our prayers. I hope that next week we can really teach these people and help prepare them to feel the blessings of the atonement through baptism. The other family has 6 kids with 2 year old triplets! They are so cute and this family seems so prepared for the gospel. The triplets had health issues at birth and the plan of salvation means a lot to them because they realize how special their family is to them.

Hope you all had a great new years.
Love Hna Potrie

PS that is me on my awesome bike. It's not really that awesome, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment