Monday, January 9, 2012

Week Nineteen


Hey!
The mail finally came!!!!! Oh what a happy day! This is supposed to be me with a picture of pure excitement and joy, but I'm not really sure what happened haha! I got the packages from mom and Sharla plus the photo book for Christmas and the bank card. I LOVE THE PICTURE BOOK!!!!! It was so great to see pictures and read the letters thank you so much. It means so much and I love showing it to people here. Oh and I have the cutest nice and nephew in the world hands down no contest they are adorable in the pictures! Give them lots of love from me always. Muah Muah Muah. The shirt is perfect too mom, you couldn't have picked a better style or size, gracias. All of the candy is gone and I forgot how great jelly bellies are yumm. I either want to buy soccer shoes, an Argentina soccer jersey or a leather cover for my scriptures. We'll see what I decide.

Anyways sounds like your New Years was kind of a bummer with being sick but I hope you are feeling better. And the weather there sounds crazy what is happening to the cold snowy winters? The dogs have yet to bite but they keep chasing this week was a group of them. But it's okay, just an adrenaline shock and then it's fine. Ya I don't know what it is with tuna and Christmas here but I ate more nasty tuna things in that week than I would like to experience again. I think the cake tuna roll is a Holiday thing or at least I hope so. The greatest thing though is even with the different food I have yet to get sick from it. Knock on wood. It's a great blessing. That's so exciting Naomi is making Argentine food with the YW you'll have to let me know what you think and what she makes. The drink we can't have as missionaries is called Mate and I don't know why exactly we can't drink it. I think because it's so strong that we would get sick especially with the heat. Hna Ada was teaching me how to serve it though and I was serving them. Hahaha it smells just like tea and here it's a symbol of friendship when you enter someones house if they welcome you as a friend they share mate with you. It's all in the same cup with the same metal straw. That's one thing here sharing cups and things like that doesn't matter. It's a good thing I'm okay with that.

The missionary work hit a hospital road this week as our appointments kept falling through and then when we got a hold of them later every single one was sick, had a loved one sick or pass away. So hopefully we'll have more success next week and be able to help these people through these hard times for them. One of our converts, Osualdo is having problems coming to church so we're working really hard to help him come back and be active. It's sad because I know it's Satan that puts the thoughts of unworthiness to enter the church, but like we say the church is like a hospital. It's for those who need the cleansing power of the Savior not for those that are perfect. We've been working with the ward missionaries to help teach our new members as well and I see the great blessing of having the help of members fellowship these people.

It's also been a week of great humility and learning. I'm striving to become the missionary the Lord would have me be, but that's not always easy to know how to do. I'm striving to know how to use change my personality but keep it the same it's hard to describe. Because in English I love getting to know people on a very personal level but I don't like doing this in a large group so and I don't always know how to ask these questions or understand all they say. I like to listen and think and then speak but when this happens in Spanish, it often appears that I don't know how to say or what to say which is half correct but it's also the way I think and talk in English. So I pray to find a balance of doing this in the Lords way.
I hope all is well. My thoughts and prayers are with you always.
Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment