Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week Twenty

Hola!

I Love the mission!!!!!!!!

I just thought you should all know. It's true that some days aren't that easy, but it's so worth it everyday. I had an interview with President Salas this week and he kept asking me if I was happy to be here and this week I truly feel like I am. I'm feeling more joy in the work everyday as I forget myself more and think of the work and the people more. I love the people here and we've been working with some very great people. It's amazing how much people let us in and I feel so much love for them and want to just help them come unto the Savior and find rest. Everyone has a story that the Savior can help them with. That's why this gospel is so perfect. I love it.

We also had to cook lunch for President Salas, his wife and our district of 12 in total and we had ravioles which are so delicious here with cream sauce and fed everyone for under 90 pesos it was way cool. I also got other letters but kind of worried because in a letter from Bree, she's sent other ones but I haven't received them. So warning - I don't know when I don't receive letters because it takes so long to get them and then it takes even longer to reply and if it's lost in the mail I'm sorry. I still love to hear from everyone and I promise I also write back it just takes time for me to get them and the mail service is very slow going back. I'm sorry, I'm trying to do all I can but I can't help the slowness.

Also this week Monday was roasting hot so we had a water fight for p day. But then the next day it just poured rain in the evening which was a nice break from the heat. The water was up to my pedals on my bike as we biked home it was crazy, so I jumped in a few puddles along the way.

It finally clicked that my mission relates a lot to sports. Right now I have a coach and she is trying to prep me everyday and help me improve so I can play better. It's changed my whole attitude and I love it. You all know I'm jock at heart and it all just makes more sense to me and I'm so grateful for that. It's helped our companionship a lot, but mostly me.

We are teaching this one lady Eliana who is 21 and has a little girl, but also recently lost a baby and it's been such a blessing to teach her. The first day there was a lot of tears but as we've helped her turn to her Savior, I've seen her pain change to more understanding and comfort from a loving Heavenly Father. It's amazing, and I know our Heavenly Father listens and cares.

I'm trying to learn the difference of having faith and accepting the will of the Lord because I want faith for the miracles for this work but I also know that it's always the will of the Father.

Ah so much to say but no time. I ate rabbit this week and it was actually pretty good and couldn't tell the difference really. Lo fue muy rico it was really good.


I love you all and I hope all is well!

Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment