Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week Seventy-Six

Hey,
 
Well this week we've had the amazing adventure of backpacking through Argentina. Okay, not really but I feel like all my camping skills have come in handy this week. Sunday morning we woke up and there was no power and as far as I know we still don't have power, which means we get our daily exercise going up and down 11 flights of stairs. Hahahahahah right. When we came back in the afternoon on Sunday to do studies we also didn't have water. Hahahaha so not light no water. Luckily we had some water in the fridge that was stored. And the miracle is it's been a lot cooler the last few days, so we we're okay. It just cracks me up. Who know all my camping skills of brushing your teeth with a little water and how to making popcorn over a gas flame would come in handy.
 
This week we got to work with another missionary, Hna Willson in our area. It was way good to have her help with our investigators. We found a couple of really great new investigators and are trying to help them receive a testimony from our Heavenly Father that the things we teach are true and about the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon - this week I was reading in Alma in the war chapters, and I know you might think 'weirdo, why would you like that?' Here's why. They used strategies and plans to protect their liberty and families. And I thought well maybe I need to just think of a different strategies to help our investigators keep their commitments, like come to church. Or how someone the other day pointed out that Nephi, when the first few plans didn't work to get the plates, he didn't give up, he just changed his strategy until he got it. And I imagine if it didn't work he would have tried again until He completed the will of the Lord. Sometimes it won't work out the first time but that doesn't mean we give up it means we try again with more prayer, and more faith. I know He will help us complete the tasks we have.
 
I love you all so much. If there's one thing I've learned it's just how much I love and appreciate all of you. You all mean so much to me and I know that the Lord is watching over you.
 
 
Con Amor Siempre, (with love always)
 
        Hna Potrie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment