Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week One

Hey there,
I can't believe it's been a whole week here. I feel like we have long days and short weeks. It's been such an amazing experience thus far. The Spirit is so strong here. We describe it like a little oil lamp burning in us all the time on this campus and then there moments when it becomes an inferno and over whelms us. There have been many of those inferno moments while here. Sunday was an amazing day. In relief society the teacher shared her experience with learning a language for her mission and how she struggled, which is something I easily relate to. And she said how she constantly asked for the gift of tongues and thought that it would be more instant but than she thought about it and realized that she was being blessed with a different language the language of the spirit. Which is so true heavenly father knows my Spanish isn't great but he knows that if I can testify that I will allow the spirit to carry my words.
Oh and guess what we got to hear from Elder M Russel Ballard on Tuesday! He gave a great talk about remembering to teach simple truths. He was so awesome. It was such a surprise though because just the week before they had Elder Holland come speak. Afterwards we had a testimony meeting as a district which is made up of 11 of us 8 elders and 3 hermanas. 7 of us are going to Argentina and 4 are leaving early for the Dominican Republic. I seriously love all of them though. The testimony meeting was so great and full of such strong testimonies. Me and the other Hermanas are just so grateful that we got such amazing elders. They all have such great stories, testimonies and strengths.
My favorite thing we do as Hermanas to relieve stress is laugh. Hna Tourtillott is hillarious which makes me laugh which makes both of them laugh more it's a great combination. Just imagine me laughing and then saying si,he,he,he,he it's pretty funny. Well my time is up and I have to go but love you all lots and hope everything is going great.
Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment