Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Week Sixty-Eight!

Hey Family,
 
So I'm writting this today because yesterday we had an amazing Christmas conference. It was so awesome. Papá Noel (Santa Claus) showed up and had packages from home. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! I Loved them all. I got the three from you mom the one from Sharla and the one from dad. Hahaha some of the chocolate had melted and squished but it was all contained. And thank you so much for the photos I'm actually a little shocked it got her safetly but I love it I spent a good while just looking through them. My comp also says thanks for the little package. I'm so stoked to do those gingerbread houses too! Loved them. We also played some games all together differerent zones against the other and it was super funny because it was charades, but the gringos would yell out the words in english cause we didn't know how to say it in spanish, like weird words like inn keeper. Super funny we also had christmas karaoke - spanish elders singing english, and english elders singing spanish the english elders did way better, just saying. We also got to play some soccer my ultimate favorite in the mission because the elders are always to scared to touch me because I'm an Hna(girl/sister). Hahahahaha. 
 
This last week was awesome though we had another baptism, Evangelina!!!! It was a cute little baptism and she was so adorable. Her mom who was baptised a year ago came with her to her baptism. Her mom is super strong in the church and has an amazing story that maybe one day I'll tell you. But I really loved her confirmation as they talked about her being an example for her family and kids. She is such a special person she has been through so much. I wish I could explain it all but their family just needs the gospel. I also love her kids. They are so cute and they always say "hola chicas de la iglesia" ( hey girls from the church). It sounds cuter in spanish with thier little child accent too. I truly know that the Lord can help her change her life around as she keeps learning and growing in the church.
 
We also got together as a district and did some Christmas contacting in the plaza on Sunday. It was so much fun. We all just walked around asking people why they celebrate Christmas and then just testifing that we celebrate it because our Saviour was born. I love the Christmas season and how open the people are to talk about Christ because it's true, we get so caught up in buying gifts, going to parties, and worrying about the material things of Christmas that we forget to stop and just remeber exactly why we are celebrating. I love Chirstmas because it's the time we remember the birth of the Savior. A birth that was so plain and simple, yet changed the world forever. Is there room in our hearts and thoughts this year for the Savior?
 
Mom I remeber that line from the blessing everytime it's so hot here. I don't think it will get much hotter than high 40´s or 50 but we'll wait and see. The other night in the street we stopped and talked to a lady named Laura. You could tell from the scars on her body that she's had a hard life but my companion felt that we should stop and talk to her. As we talked with her and testified that she can have a new life and a new start through baptism I looked into her eyes and truly felt that she was a daughter of God and felt her potential to over come the challenges of her life.
 
I love you all so much and am so excited to hear from you next week. I warn you I don't know how my English will be.
 
Lots of love,

Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment