Thursday, December 6, 2012

Week Sixty-Four!

Transfer News!!!!! I got a new comp and a new area! I'm in Nueva Cordoba - it's the downtown center of Cordoba Capital and I'm with Hna Bosco from Utah. She came to Argentina with me and at the exact same time. We're super stoked to work together and rock this area! That also means though that I had to say good bye to some amazing people in Ayacucho. Like the Family Luna, they are so awesome. The kids are recent converts and the mom is a reactivated member. She also makes the most delicious bread pudding in the world no joke and lemon pie (sorry mom). But I really could see how they lived the gospel in their home. They had learned that the only smart way to live this life is with the help of the Lord. I think they really understand the quote you sent mom, that they understand the why of the gospel and find it a joy to live, not a burden. They are an amazing example to me. We also said good bye to Marcelo. He went to church yesterday and he wants to give up his pride and become someone better. It was amazing to see how the gospel continues to change him as he applies the atonement in his life.

It was sad to leave Hna Suarez because she was such an amazing comp. We had a great time together and really felt like Ayacucho was ours. We got lost together, we cried together, and we laughed together. It was amazing, and I truly think I will never forget it. I loved the people there and really wish them the best. I know that this next area will be awesome and that there are really people here waiting for us to help them come unto Christ. I know that what we share is true and that really it's the small things that we do everyday that make the biggest difference in our lives. Like read the scriptures and saying our prayers everyday. It's a war everyday with Satan and if we are not prepared, we will fall. We have to be strong and keep fighting. The gosple isn't always easy, but it's always worth it. I wish you all a wonderful week and Happy Thanksgiving to all that are in the USA. 
 
Love Hna Potrie 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment