Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Week Sixty-Seven!

Hola!!!!
 
No way the ward there is the highest baptising in the mission!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats so awesome!!! I bet the work is just growing like crazy there and just like you said, keep working hard and helping all the new members. Their testimonies are there, but they just need to keep strengthening them always. It was so hot this week! One day it was 47 C with the hunidity factored in. Do you know what that feels like? Sticky and sweaty and there is no way to stop it. There was also a moment of such selfless giving. A member brought us into her house and gave us buckets of water for our feet and for our hands and face. It's somthing that I'll never forget as these memebers gave everything they could because they know what it's like not to have much. They give with so much love it really is amazing.
 
We're working with a girl named Evangelina and we really want to baptise her this week. She is 21 and has 4 kids so it's hard sometimes to get her to church because they all start crying for her. But we talked with her and she really has a pure desire to follow the example of our Savior. In her family, they really are looking for a better life and a new start and it's exactly what our Savior offers. A chance to change and become the person we've always wanted to be, or better as our Heavenly Father has wanted us to be. We also worked with a girl named Micol. She is 18 and studying at the university here. She has been coming to church for almost a year but her parents won't let her get baptised. She's hoping that when she goes home for chirstmas break she'll be able to talk and explain it better to her parents. She is such a sweet heart.
 
I was out working with a member and we were contacting someone (where you just stop them in the street and teach them/ invite them to hear more) I talked about the eternal families and then they started talking and going off about the mormons and all this stuff and I was just listening and then she stopped and I looked at her and said well we're mormons hahahahahaha her eyes got so big, I just testified of the truth that we share. It was just super funny to see her reaction I wasn't offened by anything she had said but I just wanted her to make sure she could feel the spirit as I would testify. I love teaching and testifying, it just fills my soul with fullfillment. It doesn't matter what they say to us I just love feeling the spirit work through me as I testify. It's amazing try it sometime. Just testify of a simple truth of the gospel as you teach or talk to people. They will feel it, and so will you.
 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all and pray for you all always.
 
Love Hna Potrie
 
 PS the ward christmas party didn't have any weird tuna only chicken and salads. But yes, mayo has become a common thing to have on the table. Weird right!

No comments:

Post a Comment