Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week Seventy!

Hola Familia!
 
It's been a crazy week. So we stayed here in Cordoba for new years with the hnas from oncativo and it was super fun. We made pizza, ate ice cream and watched the fireworks from our balcony of the apartment. Then on Tuesday we had P day so we got together with the elders in the zone and played all day, soccer, frizbee, basketball. It was so fun. However I forgot to put sunscreen on. It was a hot day but it wasn't humid so I didn't feel it as much But I got FRIED. My eyes my face just burnt, but don't worry then it all peeled off and I had this weird raccon look going on. The members noticed too. hahahaha oops.
 
Anyways so then on wensday we had transfers. Like I said, crazy week. My new comp is nuevita, (new) her name is Hna Rios, she's from Buenos Aires and drum roll please....... she's the first 19 year old hna in South America! Ya super fast. I thought I wouldn't see any in the time left I had in the mission but here she is as my comp. She is awesome - super full excitment and just bitting at the bit to get going and working all the time. I'll be honest, I still think pres is crazy for putting her with me but I know the Lord will help us.
 
She also got to extend her first baptism invitation on Saturday to a little girl we're teaching, Berenice. She is the daughter of a less active and we are working with her and her mom Liliana to help them all be an eternal family. We had an awesome lesson with them. We taught them the principles of the gospel: faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the holy ghost and endure to the end. We did it interactivly with the little girl. She had a backpack and we started putting really heavy things in it. Then explained that to take the back pack off there was someone who could help her. So I stood at the other end of the room and told her that I coud help her all she had to do was walk to me. As she walked each step we related to the other things faith.... It was awesome because she got to me and I took off the backpack and asked how she felt she said "better - free". Thats what the gospel does for us - it helps us remove the burdens that we have not just our sins, but our pains, our aches, everything. The Savior is always there for us all we have to do is walk to Him. I love this gospel, I love how simple it can be and the peace we can find as we give everything to the Lord. He loves us and wants to help us. May we seek to let Him.
 
I hope you all have a fantastic week. I love you all and know that the Lord is with you. Take care!
 
Lots of Love,
Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment