Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wwek Seventy-One!

Hola Familia!!!!
 
So sadly, I didn't get a photo of the crazy raccon eyes - but my face is getting better and I bought sun screen. This week was great. We kept working with Berenice, the little girl and we explained to her about the restoration and why she needs to pray and ask if it's true so that her baptism can be done with the authority of God. She is so cute. We also got to help the Elders from our district with a family they are teaching. We got to teach the two little kids about baptism and then we explained the holy ghost by drawing a simple squiggle of a maze and asking them to do it blind folded then we had them do it with the holy ghost and I would take their hand and guide them. It's just like like we're in a maze, and even though we knew it before when were here on the earth we forget and the holy ghost helps guide us. It's been a huge learning experience teaching children to do it in a way simple so that they can understand. I've really felt the Lord guide and help me as I've been in lessons and random new ideas come in of how to explain something or I remember something that I saw someone do. He truly has been answering my prayers and the prayers of all of you. Thank you so much.
 
I've never felt so much the importance of following the Spirit. There have been many situations that I don't know what to do or say but then I offer a prayer and the way to go or the words to say are always there. I love my Father in Heaven I know He loves me and that He loves each and everyone of us. I know that He put us here to find happiness through following His commandments and to learn how to return to Him and how to be like Him. I tried explaining that to a couple of kids the other day about what kind of men they want to be when they are older. And how Heavenly Fahter wants to help them become kings not just men that live on the streets. I also thought of the scripture in Ether 12:6 I think that talks about how our hope through Christ gives us hope in a better world. And I thought about if we could really think of every person as a child of God with infinite potential, how would we help them and how would that chage the world if we shared that with them? All men have the chance to change through the power of Christ and He can help them. We know that and we can help and share that with them.
 
I love this gospel and know that it is true. It brings me so much joy, peace and comfort in my life. I love sharing it with people and even though my body is exhausted, I still strive to give everything I have to till the end.
 
Love you all and pray for you all siempre (always)
Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment