Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week Five

Hola!
Sounds like the pie business is rolling forth like crazy and Thanksgiving was enjoyable. What did the wedding cake look like? I'm glad to hear you are actually training the dog. I hope he's enjoying sleeping outside too. In my district we have 4 Elders and 3 Hermanas. From that group 5 of us are going to Cordoba on Nov 3 and 2 are going to Rossario on Nov 7. Which is sad because we are all super close. We calculated it and I've spent over 600 hours together as a companionship and the amazing thing is we actually get along. All the leaders always ask us how were doing and are shocked when we have nothing to complain about. I mean of course learning the language is hard but we're all in the same boat and just turn to the Lord more each day and press on.

My companion got sick on Sunday so we were again in our room studying for a long time. It's hard to focus in there for that long but I'm glad she was able to get some sleep and is feeling better. Sad news though we found out we're not actually allowed to listen to music at all while here at the MTC so our study music has stopped. It's hard but we're trying to be obedient. We also got to hear from Sister Beck this week and she is amazing. I had no idea she grew up in the mission home in Brazil and played missionary dress up all the time. She loves missionary work and shared the importance of bringing people unto the fullness of the gospel in the temple.

They finally turned the heat on in the building which is a huge blessing. It was cold not gonna lie. It tried snowing here last week and since then the mountains have been covered in snow all around us. I can't believe when I leave in a few weeks I'll be going to full blazing summer. My Spanish is coming along mas o minos. Well I should get going hope all is well with everyone.
Love Hermana Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment