Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week Four

Happy Thanksgiving!
I know it's a few days early but better early than late. Sounds like you're all getting together for a delicious turkey meal I can just imagine it. All the fall decorations half eaten on the table, mound of stuffing that everyone will take, the smell of delicious pumpkin and of course someone trying to snitch food before it's all ready. Oh wait that's usually me so I guess someone else will have to step up for me! Any takers? I can also see Mom crying as we all go around and say what we're thankful for. I guess I can't say Frank the turkey this year cause I won't be eating him. So I guess I actually have to come up with a real one. So I guess I would say (someone make sure mom has a tissue) I'm grateful to know I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. That even though it's hard to be away at times I know the Lord is blessing me and watching over all of you. I hope you guys have a wonderful time together.
It finally feels like fall here. The last couple days have been rainy and cold and it feels like fall. Once the fog lifts I wouldn't be surprised to see snow on the mountains. Oh and I LOVED conference! It was so amazing we all just stay here and watch it in the gym. There were so many good talks given. I really loved Barbara Thompson's talk and I can't wait to get the Ensign and read it all. Spanish is still coming a long. From day to day it doesn't seem to get much better but looking back to my first day I know it's improving. We do this language study program on the computer called TALL and it's really helpful but also really funny because the headphones are huge things with mics on them and I feel like I'm working for NASA. It's a great program to practice speaking and grammar. Some days we try to go all day in Spanish but we never make it. We usually talk a lot less and speak more in Spanglish than anything. I also love that we discovered the Youth site so we can listen to Church music while listening. It makes me super happy to just listen to music.
Well my time is up, happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment