Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week Seven

Hola

I got my travel plans!!!! We leave next Thursday at 11 am and fly to Atlanta, Georgia. We have a lay over from 11- 4:40 and then it's off to Buenos Aries, Argentina!!!!! From there, we think we take a bus to Cordoba. Not sure exactly, but there will be someone there from the church to help us out - plus we have a group of about 12 going. Yesterday the Argentine Consolate came and signed visas for all the Americans. I had to go because of my companions and was bummed that I had to miss gym for it. But she was really nice and took our questions for about an hour and shared as much as she could about her country. She mentioned that Cordoba has the nicest Spanish and a really good chocolate bar with dulce de leche in it. We're all super excited to be going, but nervous because our Spanish still needs a lot of work. We've gotten very used to our teachers Hna Andrade and Hno Richards and can understand them really well but other people speak and it sounds like a different language. It'll come though and the fastest way to learn is to just be immersed in it. We had another sister move into our room which is kind of weird but it's only for a week. Thanks so much for sending the bag I love it! Plus I love wonder bars and mini eggs, good call mama. We've had some interesting learning experiences this week of really being guided by the spirit and then other moments of breaking the trust of our investigators. It's a learning process and I'm glad those bad moments have happened here in practice and not out there. I'm super excited to just get to Argentina and be with the people.I hope everything is going well.
Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment