Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week Eight

Hola!
You write emails like me mom, just one big paragraph. So ya the travel plans have been changed. Kinda bummed because there was a rumor that Pres Holland is going there this weekend to do a mission conference. But oh well. I'm sure I shocked you when I called but once we get our other plans I will get another call home to let you know. Plus while I'm in the airport during layovers I can call home as well. So let me know when you plan on going up to Vanderhoof so I can call the right phone as plans are in the air. That's cool you got a new elder from the MTC. He was totally here at the same time as me and that's crazy. I met one Elder Flexhog who was from Calgary to to Vancouver mission Spanish speaking. Oh and thanks for the package of cookies last week mom. Last week there was lots of packages for our district because everyone thought we were leaving. Oh and thanks for mailing that letter can you do me a bigger favor though and call her and tell her to dear elder me if she has time before I leave the MTC. Gracias.
So from now until we get our travel plans we are going to keeping doing classes like normal. We still learn Spanish and keep practicing teaching. My gospel vocabulary grows everyday but I need to start working on my normal words as well. Last Sunday we got to hear from Sister Elaine S Dalton. She gave an amazing talk and shared some personal stories and scriptures that have helped her through life. She is such an amazing woman. One thing she taught was don't quit in the middle of a hill. It was so great. It's also been amazing to talk with our teachers about the people they role play for us and to teach and find out what really happened or who they are to our teachers.
I have no idea when they'll be letting us leave and if they'll wait for all of our visas to send us as we each get them we don't really know. After a couple extra weeks though I don't know what they will do. I've heard of some people getting reassigned to a mission in the US till the visa comes. But I doubt that will happen, I just think there wasn't enough time for visas to come through with meeting with the consolate only a week ago.
How was everyones Halloween? Some elders switched name tags but that's as crazy as it got here. One of my favorite things here is singing in the choir every week. The director is super funny and entertaining to work with. Plus never have I been so out numbered by male voices in a choir. It's way cool.
Well I should get going. I can't wait to leave but I'm so grateful for the extra time to learn.My love and prayers are with you.
Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment