Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week Nine

Hola!

So how to survive week 10 in the MTC or (CCM) is always interesting. This week was fine because we've just kept to our normal teaching schedule. We are getting antsy though. verytime in the cafeteria when a page comes on we all hope our names are called. It's tricky for us because if the visas get here today we leave tomorrow but we won't know till at least noon. So do we pack do we not? It's tricky. I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!!! If we don't go tomorrow the next tentative date is Monday. But I'm not getting too excited till we have those travel plans. I will get to call home once I get the final plans too, It'll just be one of those quick 5 min calls. But once in the airport I can call for a bit longer.
So exciting things around here. Hmmm they put up Christmas lights but they have yet to turn them on. My and my companions took family Christmas pictures in front of a tree and they are pretty awesome. I'll probably send them home as my Christmas card. I had to give a talk in Spanish in sacrament the other week. I didn't do so well because I was super nervous but it will get better. Sacrament is a little nerve racking because they always pick two missionaries to speak on the weekly assigned topic but they pick them once the meeting has started so you sit there panicking each time. Okay maybe it's not that bad but it's still not my favorite thing. Oh but cool thing we got to do real service other than cleaning toilets here. We counted tongue depressors into groups of 80 and put them in boxes to go to church headquarters for when the next disaster hits.We also sorted paint stir sticks which they use for splints. It was a lot better then sitting in class for two hours.
Who is the Burnham girl that moved in? I don't have a picture of just me and my name tag but I can take one and email it to you once I'm in Argentina. Also the other girl moved out of our room last week she was just there for a week while doing visitor center training. Oh tell Naomi congrats and that I hope to speak Spanish with her when I come back.
We still work hard to prepare for the mission field by practicing teaching Spanish and doing contacting. My Spanish still has a long way to come but I know it'll come. So many people make it through this and I know I can to. I know that the Lord has blessed me to learn the language so quickly I can't believe how far it's come even though I still grammatically sound like a little child all the time. It's coming. Well I should go, I'll let you know when I know what the plans are.
All my love and prayers, Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment