Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week Thirteen

Hola

I'm sorry it's late and I don't have much time. It was a holiday here today and the internet cafe was closed. So we played soccer with the elders in our district. It was gringos (3) vs the latinos (2) it was pretty even. Mostly because I think the elders were scared they would hurt me or touch me. We ride our bikes everyday and just about everywhere because it's faster and helps us stay on time for appointments. I wish I could send you a picture. I got a new basket on it this week for my bag and if you saw the seat you would understand how my butt feels about the bike.
About the work, sadly the one family we were teaching has stopped because one of the sons that supports them doesn't like the mormons and lives in a different city. We're doing a lot of work with the inactives in the area to trying to figure out why they stopped and to help them relearn what they once knew. Sunday was great as the primary did their presentation. Although I didn't know the words in Spanish I felt the Spirit so strongly as the sang and read. They were so cute and it was great for those parents who are less active or non members.

I try to keep a journal of who we teach and how it went. It's hard to find the time because I'm exhausted when we get home and we usually eat something then too because all our dinner appointments are lunch appointments because that's the big meal and then most people siesta. So they usually have dinner around 9 but we have to be back be 9-930 so we eat on our own. As for your question if I eat lot's of fruits and veggies, not so much - mostly bananas and oranges and potatoes. It's tricky at the moment because our fridge is being fixed so everything we buy has to be out. It should be fixed by this week sometime. Who knows.
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. the food sounds amazing and if Sharla still has that job in 15 months I would so go. Although living here has definitely been changing my view of how blessed I am. And how much I just took for granted.
I know you're getting ready for Christmas and that's so exciting I pray that like always, you all try to reach out to those in need and give because we are so abundantly blessed. I wish I could give to the people here but we have rules about doing things certain ways.
Thank you so much so your love and prayers. They have been such a support when I feel the weight of this calling. But I know my Savior is with me lifting me up as I strive to do this work. I know that it will all be worth it if I can even help bring one person unto Christ. No matter how much I struggle with the language I feel so much love from Heavenly Father for these people and I wish they could feel that.
My love and prayers are with you always,
Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment