Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Week Eleven

Hola!
So ya about the town not being on a map, I blame it on my horrible spelling and tired brain that day - the city is Bell Ville. So try looking that one up. It's in the south part of the mission and is about 3 hours from the mission home which means we only get real mail about every once a month or so but I'm sure they'll make sure we have our Christmas packages, so I will get the mail just not as often.
Well the weather this week has been a great mixture of things. On Thursday it was 33 and very hot riding the bikes felt good because the wind would blow. We wear a lot of layers though with trying to stay modest on the bike we always have shorts underneath. People always give us funny looks though. Then on Saturday and Sunday it rained like crazy. We had to ride out to Enzo's house who is a young investigator. He lives on a dirt road and so you can imagine what the rain did to that. I couldn't help but bust up laughing at the situation of pouring down rain, soaked/covered in mud. I wish one of us had our cameras on us.
I'm super grateful for the water bottle they gave us so I can drink the water freely and not worry about getting sick. Plus we often are offered pop at the members houses. I thought Americans drank a lot of pop but the people here do a pretty good job. The food here is actually amazing. Very European. A lot of the members serve pasta and my favorite is the fresh gnocchi with creamy tomato sauce. And there is usually fresh baked bread from the baker. Our fridge is also having issues right now so we have bought facturas which are fresh puff pastry with cream, or jam filling. We eat them cause they are cheap and delicious and the croissants are really good as well. Don't worry, I don't eat them much. We live in an apartment which they call a pension. It's really nice and central to everything.
I'm understanding more Spanish everyday. The hardest part of lessons is trying to figure out what they are saying so I can try to say something. Hna Tejada is good at helping include me. I'm learning each day how to better follow the spirit. We are working hard to get to know the members in the area and the inactives. I love the Cordoba family who are recent converts. I have practiced teaching the lessons to them a couple times. They are very funny and always try to help me with my Spanish. They are very animated when they talk which helps me understand. And for lunch yesterday we helped Hna Laura Cordoba make gnocchi. They were so good. I hear she makes the best.

It's humbling every day to have to rely fully upon the Lord for everything. Even when it seems to literally just pour down on us, I feel the Savior by my side helping me carry on. It's incredible. I know He lives and I want to share that with everyone. No matter what burden we carry, He knows how to help and is always willing.
My prayers and thoughts are with all of you.
Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment