Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week Twenty-Six

Buen Dia Familia!

It was a bit difficult this morning to find a place with internet but we finally found a little corner store with 5 computers that was opened because as luck would have it it's a holiday here. Not sure what for, but they seem to celebrate every little thing here.

Tell Sarah and Ryan congrats that sure is a mouthful Alma Oscar-Scott Seely but I like it. It's always exciting to hear of new babies coming into this world. To answer your questions mom, they say in the winter, the coldest it gets is -5 or 10. Not too terrible, but right now it is pretty perfect around the high 20's and 30's. And I can imagine it was an emotional day to be released from your calling. The girls were really blessed to have such a great leader but it's always good to have a change every once in a while.

Things are going good with my comp - the problem is I need to speak more in our contacts and lessons to help her. She has almost a year in the mission and is really great. I'm trying to over come my own personal faults and quietness. It's a great new challenge everyday but I know the Lord is helping me. And I don't need anything but just to remind everyone my birthday is a month from today which means there is still time to receive packages and letters, just remember to include the phone number or there can be slight problems with getting the package. Oh and one thing they don't have peanut butter. Just sayin.

Anyways about my time here. Last P day was lots of fun playing soccer and getting to know the other missionaries in the zone. And receiving more letters from home. We finally got a hold of Gianella and talked with her and she wants to be baptized next Saturday! So excited for her. She also took time to teach the plan of salvation to me, it was pretty funny. She loves to talk. The Elders in the area had a a baptism of an elderly man Jasinto, 76. He is super sweet and we had the opportunity to help with some of the lessons as well. Super funny though, the day of the baptism we were supposed to have a early lesson with Luis in the Chapel and we get there and we see water coming out near the front door and immediately I think, 'oh no the font!!!! ELDERS!!!!!' We open the door to an inch of water all through the church. Luckily the floors are all tile except the chapel. So we run through the water to the chapel and the water has just entered a bit. What a disaster. We opened all the doors and turned on all the fans and called the Elders to get there right now. we used giant squigees that they use to clean here and started directing all the water outside. With the help of the members we had all the water out in about 2 hours. What opposition for this baptism. The poor old man was sitting on a bench waiting for his baptism as we removed all the water. Crazy elders they forgot that we don't need to baptize the church as well. After that it was a very nice small baptism.

We are focusing a lot right now on trying to find new investigators that are ready to hear the gospel. I'm finding that it takes a lot of faith to knock doors and talk with people and often I'm glad I don't understand the bad things people say. I'm also loving studying the scriptures everyday. I'm reading right now in Helaman and I had never realized how much missionary work was in this part. I love it and pray every day to have more faith to be successful and the missionary Heavenly Father wants me to be.

I pray that all is well and make sure to give Kesler lots of my love for his birthday I miss that little guy and Tacey. Lots of hugs and kisses from me.

Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment