Monday, February 6, 2012

Week Twenty-Three

Hola,
Perdon for not writing last week. I was equally as sad not to have the opportunity, but I did receive real letters instead so it all was good. Last Monday, my Companion, Hna Tejada left for her home. So we were up at 4AM to take her to the bus, and then I waited with the members to see the youth off to EFY. Then I headed to the apartment. Things in our mission are a bit different with the areas being really far away. We travel on the buses alone or we wait for our companions alone in the apartment. So this is what I did. I cleaned and wrote letters, and then headed to the bus station to pick up my comp because I had been given a time when she would arrive. But after waiting for an hour I got worried and called the secretary and apparently he forgot to call and tell me that Hna Frias (my new comp more about her later) missed the first bus and would be another 30 mins. Then after about an hour I got worried again but then she walked off the bus and everything was good. Who knew it would feel so weird to be alone for only a few hours. Anyways she explained that there was an accident en route and that's why she was late. So that's how i spent my p day but it's all good. I wrote lots of letters and need to send them now.

I'm still in Bell Ville and my new companion Hna Frias is awesome. She's from the north part of Argentina called Salta. The moment she arrived she dropped her bags in the pension and said lets get to work, which is perfect because the harder we work the faster time flies. She is about the same height as you mom and has dark skin. She speaks very little english and she likes to learn to sometimes she speaks in english and I respond in Spanish so we can both learn the opposite language. But I feel like it is a huge blessing to have another latino companion to help me learn the accent and even better that she is a Argentine because she knows their sayings and culture and everything. I love it!!! And love working with her!

Here in Bell Ville we have a very small church building, but it has everything we need including a soccer court in the back made out of cement this is always important. And I don't know what city your phone is locked onto mom, but it's been a lot hotter than 25 here around 40 C cada dia (everyday). But it does cool off a little at night usually. For the first time I felt a little sick this week, but I took some of the antibiotics that I have and the pain in my stomach is gone which is a huge blessing. Trying to focus on teaching when your stomach is a knot doesn't work well. Oh and I found out that a month ago in the house of the Cordobas we ate iguana (the lizard thing). Ya, gross to think about but it was delicious when I ate it, kinda like chicken.

The work is great the last day with Hna Tejada we had the baptism of Dulce and it's just so amazing to see the change begin to happen. She is such a great example to her family. Also we had a lesson with the family of Enzo this week and his parents and sister accepted an invitation to be baptized!!! They need to get married first but Enzo is such a great example for them. We are having problems helping the mom of Osualdo receive a testimony of Joseph Smith. She is old and can't see very well so she can't read the Book of Mormon which is a big problem. She is so sweet and I want so badly for her to find the truth.

Well I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Love Hna Potrie

Ps Kim Stoddard I got your letter my love and prayers are with you. Hope school is going well. Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment