Monday, April 2, 2012

Week Thirty-One

Hola,


CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!!!! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I. It was a busy week with trying to invite people to conference and not knowing exactly how it was going to work because here in the little branch, they don't have a satellite to get the feed so the members all just watch it in their house if they have internet. Which is hard to invite investigators to. And on Saturday, we went to another little town like 45min away to watch it there in the chapel because they had a projector. Okay I'm doing a horrible job at explaining this. Rewind, Saturday we watched both session in Rio Segundo, which is like 40 min away and we thought we would have one investigator but she wouldn't answer her phone, and we couldn't find her in her house. Super bummed about that. Anyways, then Sunday morning we made plans to bring Micaela and her mom to the branch presidents house have lunch before at 12 and then watch the first session at 1, which was the plan till we turned up to Micaela's house and she told us that she didn't know because she was waiting for the father of her son to come pick him up. So we waited until 1 and yet he didn't show so we left and got to the presidents house late (I know, I missed my favorite Pres Uchtdorf) and we ate the lunch and watched. So after this we rushed off to the bus terminal to get to Cordoba because the presidents wife wasn't sure if we could watch the second session with her. So went to Cordoba for the second session in our stake center where they had a special room in english for the missionaries. So the sad news we had 0 investigators in conference but I really loved the talks and learned so much. I loved all the talk about how this gospel strengthens families. These men really are called to help guide and direct us in this world of craziness.


Alright, so other things of this week. Sadly it looks like we will not be teaching Juan anymore. We went by Wednesday and he wouldn't even open his gate he just said he didn't want us to come by anymore. We tried to explain and testify again but he just isn't ready right now. This is always something that is really hard in the mission. We grow to have so much love for these people and to see them change their minds is sad. I want so badly to bless him with the gospel of Jesus Christ but I have no idea what else we could have said. No matter what, it's always their choice and we have to respect that, but I don't like leaving them unless I feel like I did everything I could to help them. It's been a week of hard work but we truly feel like the Lord is preparing us and teaching us. He has sent us to Oncativo and we are here for a purpose.


The members here do feed us but it's rare to eat with them in their home. They just give us the food to go. Which kind of defeats the purpose of us wanting to talk with them get to know them and gain their trust and references. But they are still great. We are trying to work more with them every week, because they are the key to success. Yes, the members are the key to successful missionary work. When the missionaries come by you should expect them to share something spiritual and ask you for references. Prepare for this. Invite friends to eat in your house with them. Be involved. You know way more people then they do in that area help them out. They are called to teach and the members are to help find.


Well like usual I gotta run. Thank you for all your love and prayers and birthday wishes. Oh I totally forgot to tell about my birthday. I was in Cordoba to do some paper work for my visa so we had bbq chicken pizza and then the familia Sarmiento in Oncativo surprised me with cake and a bag of candy. Super great family love them.


Gotta run lots of love,
hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment