Monday, April 16, 2012

Week Thirty-Three

Hola!!!!
Alright I can't believe another week has gone by the time is just flying. This is the last week of this transfer which means I'll be getting a new comp! Because this is her last transfer in the mission, which is always hard for both companions because we end up thinking about home a lot, but we're trying our hardest to fight it. Not that we don't like thinking about you guys, there's just a difference in thinking about you and how you give me strength to make it through those hard days and missing you so much I just want to be with you. It's a big difference.

So anyways, today and tomorrow we are traveling to different areas in the mission that Hna Waters worked in so she can say good bye to her converts. Which means right now, I'm actually in a different little city called Alma Fuerte which litteraly translates to 'strong soul' which sounds funny, but I kinda like it. Anyways then tomorrow we'll be working with some other Hnas in a different area Villa Independencia. So should be lots of fun getting to know people and working in different areas. Oh, and next week with transfers. I'm not sure what time I'll be emailing or if I'll be able to, but I hope so.
So this week was a week of growing and stretching. We've both been learning a lot at how to be better missionaries. We both read this amazing talk about the testifying and challenging missionary. What it talks about is how we need to testify so the spirit can touch their hearts then when we know the spirit is there invite them to follow the Savior and be baptized. Which I know sounds kinda crazy but really we're doing the Lords work and He knows who is prepared and who He wants in His church, therefore we just have to be bold and invite. It's a really interesting way to contact and teach, but I love it because we focus more on testifying to have the spirit touch the hearts so we can invite. Plus, we walk away knowing that the spirit was there with us. From this I shared a spiritual thought the other day at lunch with the family Abata Daga with the scriptures in Mosiah 18:9 or 10 about the baptismal covenant and how we are to be witnesses of Christ at all times. Then we went around and each person shared a one line testimony one truth they knew. Like I know Jesus Christ is my Savior and He personally suffered for my sins. So you go around the table and the spirit starts to fill the room as pure testimony in born and then I read 2 Nephi 33:1 about how the spirit carries the message unto the hearts. And how they can share short testimonies with the people they know to allow the spirit to touch their hearts. So likewise, I invite all of you to do this. During the week, pray for a chance to share a simple truth about the gospel with someone else. And give the Spirit an opportunity to touch their hearts. Because often the doctrine can be deep and mind boggling at first, but the spirit is pure and will touch their spirit.
I love this gospel. I love this opportunity to help the people in Oncativo. I know I'm in this town to find the 1. There is power in testimony no matter what language you speak, and when you testify, the spirit is there and it is a language that is understood by all. I love you all thank you so much for your prayers and love. I hope you have a wonderful time at the temple it is the house of God where we can feel His love and peace.
Con mucho amor,

Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment