Monday, April 2, 2012

Week Thirty

Hola!!!

First and primero (yes I know I just repeated myself) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grandpa Potrie and Sarah!!!! I hope they both had awesome wonderful days. Segundo, I got the Birthday package thank you everyone for the cards. I especially appreciate the deodorant, socks, and reeses puffs cereal. And all the cards from the different people way awesome thanks a ton everyone. Also I got a package from Kim with cookie mixes!!!! Super stoked to make those. Oh and thanks for the photos! I've added them to my photo book that I show people when they ask about my fam jam.

Bueno, so to answer your questions. We can speak in english with the other missionaries but we are encouraged to use all the Spanish that we can especially in the streets we don't want people to think we are more gringo than we already are. And that's funny you tried to listen to the radio in Oncativo. They always drive cars around with the radio blaring through speakers tied to the top. This town is totally different its more of a farming town and it doesn't have a poorer section at all, only the middle class and the upper class. For this, it's a lot different than Bell Ville that had lots of middle and lower class. And yes, cars aren't that common. It's much more common to see mopeds or motor cycles. Or they just use bikes and walk and the buses like greyhounds are very popular and used a lot. As missionaries, we use the buses, bikes and good old walking to get around.

The update on Juan is that when we went back to his house last week after a lot of prayer and fasting it was a miracle he didn't mention anything about the situation and just let us teach him in his yard. It was a miracle. And now the only problem we have is his memory is really bad so we have to teach him really slowly but he's getting it. We invited him to stake conference but he couldn't go because it was in Cordoba and we're really praying to have him at conference this weekend. Also, I hope all of you are super stoked for conference!!!!!!! I sure am, and it's amazing that we have a living prophet and I love the talk by Elder Uchtdorf about why prophets are important. You should all try to invite your friends or family to watch, it's gonna be amazing. They are receiving revelation for our times right now!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about Lois. She really was a great woman and a great friend to you mom. My prayers are with you and her family. It's times like this that really help us feel the comfort that comes from the Plan of Salvation. What a blessing to have that truth in our lives.

I'm glad you could spend time with your dad and look at those old photos mom. Those memories that he shared are very precious. I'm super excited to hear that the missionary work is changing there - it's such a blessing. Be involved members, it's so important.

Well that's about all for the excitement here. One of our investigators had her baby this week, Emma, super cute little girl with lots of black hair. A very latina baby. We're still striving to thrust in our sickles with all our might and harvest those that Heavenly Father has prepared in this little town. I'm so excited to be apart of this work.

Con Mucho Amor Y OraciĆ³nes,
Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment