Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Week Thirty-Four

Thank you so much for the photos! It really was a week full of excitement for you guys. So happy that you could all go to the temple together. It's such an amazing place and I miss it so much.

Well the news about transfers, I'm still here in Oncativo and my new companion, who is actually an old companion Hna Adair that I was with in the MTC. She's the blonde one from Arizona. Which  means we have the exact same time in the mish, but hopefully her spanish is really good and together we can understand and teach these wonderful people. Last week was an adventure as we went to a different area to work with different Hermanas so that Hna Waters could visit her old areas. I got to work with Hna Fairbanks from Arizona and it was good. She has the same time in the mission as well and we actually survived together. It was great to meet new people in different areas and share the gospel. We also had fast in our area to help us find new people and so we had two sets of Elders and the Hnas from Nueva Cordoba so we did splits and went to work. And we realized just how deep the joy is of the mission. Even though the hard moments out number the good, the good moments out weigh the hard times. It's just this deep fulfilling joy that even if you don't baptize these people, you can see a difference the teachings of this gospel makes in their lives. I don't know if it's just because we listen to people and their lives, or if it's because we're missionaries, but people seem to bear their souls to us about their lives. And I just feel so much love for these people that are suffering from these problems and I want to help them so badly find Christ and feel of His peace. Like this one man we talked to on the street that just started crying because he had lost his wife a few years ago and what a blessing to offer peace and comfort to these people. To tell them that this world isn't the end it's just a step to something far greater.

This week we're going to go out hard and find the people that we are here to find. It's an act of faith everyday and I know I'm here for a reason. I can't really think of anything else too exciting happening. It's just missionary work as usual. I love you all so much and haven't forgotten about you I just have a huge stack of letters that need to find the post office. Take care, and know that my thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment