Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week Thirty-Five

Hola Familia!

I'm officially writing from the coldest place on earth. It's ridiculous. So last week it was super hot walking around in shirts and skirts and sweating and then two days later freezing cold. Okay so it's not 0 degrees or anything but it's really cold and the first night we didn't know how to work the heater in the house so I slept with my thermals, pjs, tshirt, sweater, 2 blankets and barely warm. It's something about these little brick houses they don't keep out the heat in the summer or the cold in the winter. But the good news is the heater is working and my winter jacket is coming in handy. I have no idea what I'm going to do when it's actually winter. It's only like 10 C here which isn't that cold, but the big difference is like the 80-90% humidity that just chills to the bone. So mom I might be using some extra money from the account to buy some sweaters, scarves and mitts. Well The first week with Hna Adair was really great we seem to be bonding over the challenges of the area. We've talked about this area a lot and even though we seem at a loss of what to do we both feel like there is someone here that needs us.

I love this work and I'm learning to love talking to the people. It doesn't scare me when I think of the love Heavenly Father has for them.

Well I love you all and hope everything is going great. Keep your heads up and know that God is blessing you everyday. Consider the lillies of the field. Love that song - and so true.

Bueno ciao,

Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment