Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week Thirty-Eight

Hola!!!

Thanks so much like always for the new photos!!! It looks like everyone is doing great and that the service for grandpa was really nice. I'm excited that the new fire pit is up and functioning. I remember mowing that area with the thought of how nice this will be someday for a fire pit. Hahaha I like it.

This week was another crazy week and looking back I can't believe how long ago some of those days feel. So my comp was sick Tuesday which meant we were in the pension. She received a blessing and my testimony has never been so strong of the Power of the Priesthood. It's so real, I can't describe everything, but I've never felt the love and help from our Heavenly Father like that. It was an experience I don't think I'll ever forget. In having no where else to turn and hearing a member who hadn't given a blessing in English for a few years put his hands on her head and give her a blessing in such perfect English. And then to ask him about it after and find out that he didn't even know what some of those words were that came to his mind to say but he knew that he should say them. Amazing is all I have to say.

We also had a zone training meeting with Pres Salas. It was so good - he talked about how we need to be more effective teachers and missionaries. I learned a lot. Then we got to work with the Hnas in Nueva Cordoba and we had an awesome lesson with a new convert as she realized that she can keep repenting and that we renew our baptismal covenants every week with the sacrament. Then Thursday morning I was supposed to do some visa paper stuff in Cordoba which was kinda of a mess and we got driven around by this office Elder that drives like a crazy Argentine. But we made it around safely.

We've started teaching this girl called Danitza. She is way awesome. She shared experiences of how the holy ghost helped her before in her life so we talked about how she can have that always and she really wants to receive the gift of the holy ghost.

As far as the food department, I forgot to tell everyone else about the crazy locro that they eat. It's like a chili. Really good flavor, but they put cow stomach as the form of meat. So it tastes good, but the texture is interesting. We also found these really good little cheese cream puff things called chipas. Really yummy! My new favorite snack I think so.

That's awesome to hear about Naomi and the new baby. Oh and Congrats Ashley and Alisha!!! I'm so excited to be an aunt all over again. I hope you're feeling good Alisha and that the baby is growing healthy.

Well I think that's about all for this week. Take care!

Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment