Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week Fifty-Five!

Hola a todos! (Hello to all)

I'm so glad to hear that your birthday was great mom! I thought of you that day. We had a zone conference that day and it was really great. We learned a lot and I love Pres. Salas. He talked about all the symbolism in the Book of Mormon and how this book is written to help us know more and more about our Savior. Things with such detail that a young uneducated boy from NY couldn't have known let alone written about in such detail. It was a great week, Micaela is all ready for her baptism she had her interview yesterday and all we need is the baptismal service on Saturday. She is so cute and so smart. We are hoping to be able to talk with her mom this week to and help her mom get back on this path as well. Also our investigator Marcelo (we found him at the baptism of Ezequiel the first week) received his answer about the church. Teaching him has really been such an amazing experience in the way the Lord has guided us. Everyday when we plan for him we go to the appointment and before we even start he has a question about the exact thing we have planned to teach. And after he received his answer he had a rough day and the next lesson we had planned to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ  and could focus on the power of repentance. The Lord is truly guiding us everyday.

I also had a really cool experience of receiving an answer from Heavenly Father. I had been praying and wondering how we can help and strengthen this ward. And it was occupying my mind a lot. Then we arranged to do splits with a couple of sisters in the ward. It was scary to leave my comp and be with someone who doesn't know the lessons but it was great to see this young woman share her testimony with others. And as we walked back to the pension I was talking with Hna Suárez and My answer came we will help the ward by including them in missionary work as much as we can. And as I came to this conclusion I felt such a peace of the spirit come and knew that Heavenly Father had answered my prayers.

A small funny story we were walking during the siesta and it was super hot (side note it got up to 35 degrees the other day) and we were both really tired and my comp looked at me and said "Haga Tuto guagua" I looked at her with huge eyes and said what language are you speaking? hahahahaha she laughed and said oops those are words from Chilé. It's pretty much "go to sleep baby." I'm now practicing Spanish Chileano style. 

To answer your questions mom: The people are very friendly here in general I would say they are more friendly off the bat then at home. Get mail every few weeks here. Oh and the temple yes is under construction it's like 30 min from where we are. It's right beside the mission home. Hna Salas let me enter their bedroom a while ago to see the temple. They had some delays with imports but things are moving along now. It will be such a blessing to the people here to have a temple. Oh and Hna Suarez doesn't speak any English. Hahah like nothing she knows a few words but can't have a conversation. So we speak in Spanish. And yes it comes a lot more naturally now. There are still moments when she speaks really fast cause she's from Chile and that's their form of speaking and I have to ask her to repeat it. Her accent is also rubbing off on me but I'm trying to keep my Córdobes.

I gotta go but love you all and hope all is well.

Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment