Monday, October 22, 2012

Week Fifty-Eight!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!


There is so much to be  grateful for. Conference weekend was amazing!!!!!! I got to watch all        four sessions and loved every single one. There was such a strong spirit to hear the prophet declare that the age for the missionaries has changed. I was so excited to hear that. It will truly bless the work of the Lord to have more Hnas in the field. It is also so powerful to feel the power of a prophet that can receive revelation to lead the church of Jesus Christ. This is the true church with prophets, revelation and priesthood authority. We also had the amazing experience of a white conference!!! With four baptisms in between the first and second session. And the fact that miracles have not ceased, Marcelo was baptized on Saturday!!!!!!!!! It was a week of miracles to see the power of the spirit work such a change in him and that he entered the waters of baptism. The young girl Naira from the Elders area was also baptized. It was a really amazing moment as I went into the bathroom to see why she wouldn't come out in her white jumpsuit, I asked if she was nervous and she said "ya I have to make a lot of changes in my life, and want to be better but I don't know if I can." I testified to her that she can and that baptism is the first step to help her change and that she will be blessed with the holy Ghost to help guide her in the changes she has to make. It was a tender moment as she prayed and asked for help to change from her Heavenly Father. She is an amazing daughter of God and it's been such a blessing to see the gospel change her life. 

I loved the talk from Elder Holland and I think it applies so well to all of us and to me as a missionary. I think of that scripture a lot. And say to myself when I struggle with something in the mission "Miranda, daughter of Potrie - Lovest thou me?" And within that I find the will to dig a little deeper and stand a little taller. I  love this gospel. I also loved the talk by one of the 70's who talked about is it worth cheating 5 cents in the eternities. I don't know how it was in English, but it's true. Is  it worth giving up our eternal reward for something that we can't take with us. It's powerful. 

Sounds like the pie business is going great I'm so happy for you mom. You truly deserve all the blessings in  the world the wonderful work and service you do. You are a great example of always giving to those in need and looking to serve always. I love your example in my life. 

I hope you all follow the wonderful tradition to give thanks this day before you sit down to that beautiful Turkey Franco!! Even though I might sit down to a different meal tonight I want to share what I am grateful for with all of you. I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and this chance to see  Him change the lives of others. I'm grateful for His love and mercy that saves us and allows us to return and live with our Heavenly Father as eternal families. I'm grateful for my family and for the wonderful examples they are to me of love, service and hard work. I am grateful for the love our Heavenly Father has for each and everyone of us and that He will never leave us alone in this world and that He is truly watching over us. I pray that you can all feel of his love and of my love for you this day. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. 
Lots of love and hugs, Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment