Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Week Forty-Three

Hola

So this week we've been working with a man named Carlos. He's super sweet. We teach him and it's like teaching a little kid. He has problems focusing so we try to use objects and photos like a little kid. Plus, he came to church and really liked it. He even participated in the lesson about the sabbath day. We're also teaching a guy our age, Ramiro. He's been to church two weeks in a row! He's really trying to change his life around completely. He talked to us about his life, and really it never ceases to surprise me how open these people are with us so quickly. Anyways, I just feel so much that the gospel can really help him make this change that he wants. We have plans to baptize him the 14 of July and are working to prepare him for that.

I've been reading Jesus the Christ and I just love that book. I read it for like 5-10 min before bed and it teaches me so much. Like how He over came the temptations of satan. Our Lord is amazing. Also, a talk I love is the atonement and the value of one soul by M Russell Ballard. He talks about the atonement and how if we understand the atonement more we have more love for each individual. It's so true. Read it, I love it!

We also had zone conference which I'll be honest - a little dissapointed in the lack of letters. I know I'm more than the half way point, but that doesn't mean I stopped cherishing hand written letters of care!!!! Love you guys.

Gotta run hope you all have a great week. My prayers are with you.

Love Hna Potrie

No comments:

Post a Comment