Friday, June 22, 2012

Week Forty-Two

 H
Thanks so much for the pictures. Looks like everyone had a busy week with playing and wedding things. My camera is still broken so sadly I can´t send any photos this week. But I´m shoppping around for a new one so there will be photos on the way.

This week I felt a little like nephi when he´s in  the wilderness and his bow breaks. I had two choices mummur and complain like his brothers or to put my faith in Heavenly Father and move forward. I´ll admit I had a few laman and lemuel moments but I feel the Lord is with me. Plus I literally feel like we´ve been camping in the wilderness. Because we don´t have light/power in the apartment. hahahaha ya well thats about half true. We have light in the kitchen but no where else. What happend was we had two space heaters plugged in and then I decided to dry my hair. bad idea blew the fuse and then when we flipped the switch which was weird sent sparks and then we only had light/power in the kitchen. But good news they are coming today to fix it and luckily it hasn´t been to cold and our heater has been working. Truly a blessing.

 Also we found out that Danitza and Fred moved to a different town which is out of our area. And after trying to call them all week we finally got a hold of them and found out that they will be here during the week but in the other town on the weekends opening a colthing store with their family. So I really hope we can keep teaching them and cordinate with the other missionaries to help them continue to progress. I was a little sad to hear they moved but it´s been a week of leanring and growing. We also had an interesting experience with finding a inactive member and her non member daughter. I´ve tried passing by this house a lot with Hna Waters, Hna Adair and finally with Hna Frias. And from the outside it looks like it´s a totally abandoned house. But we would ask the members and everytime they would say no they live there just keep trying. So we knocked once and without any response decided to go knock the door of a contact in front. We crossed the street and knocked and then we hear the other door open on the other side of the street. So I run back across the street and introduce myself but am totally mind blank because I can´t remember the name of the person we´re looking for. So I just ask if a member lives there. And she says ya my mom do you want to come in. And of course I want to go in but This whole time Hna Frias is still across the street trying to talk with the other people that answered the other door. It was crazy  but finally the hna came over to the door and we entered the house. Another funny story we were in Nueva Cordoba with the other Hnas doing some shopping for warm clothes and helping them in their area. Anyways we have all our bags with us and we get to their apartment building and they live on 11 floor. so of course we go to the elevator. Get in and read the sign 6 people which is fine we are six hnas no big deal. So we start going up and then it just stops in the middle. 6 hnas stuck in the elevator super crowded and it started to get really warm. So we pushed the alarm button and said a prayer. And then they finally came and saved us after like 15 min felt like an hour. and we all had to jump between this gap of the door and the floor little awkward in skirts but we got out alive. We then opted to run up the stairs.

Anyways I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week. Keep the faith.

Lots of love and prayers, Hna Potrie

1 comment:

  1. Apologies for this e-mail to anyone who is following the blog. It wouldn't let me edit this post for whatever reason, so hopefully it all makes sense!

    ReplyDelete